[Bf-committers] Savepath commandline option

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Tue Nov 9 23:06:09 CET 2004

Daniel Fairhead wrote:

>>Id like to add as options in the render view -
>>* Random Frame Order
>>

>um... why? I could understand doing diversive number rendering
>
>(1,100,50,25,75,12,37,62,87,etc) as then you could get an over-view
>of how it looked (if you were watching the render, or checking back
>occasionly) but why random?

Yeah, the skip frame option could be nice too- Just an integer num
slider that can only be half the length of the animation

The random order would be good for a setup rendering- say with 50 PC,s
working on the same file- If you on a 100mbits network with some traffic
its possible, if each PC starts at the same time with frame 1, that
theyll both try to render the same file, with the network filesystem not
updating in time.
- So it greatly reduces the  possibility of 2 PC's trying to render the
same image at  exactly the same time (not That likely anyway)

But blender can then network render with many PC's on a slower network
which would be nice.