[Bf-committers] I'm nearly done fixing Text undo

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Tue Nov 9 19:52:35 CET 2004

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a more complete description of the problem...
> What text undo, in the Text Window, or in 3D window for 'Text
> Object'?  The latter I've added sunday, and you can just report
> problems with it  to me.
>
> Local undo for the texteditor gets lost after doing a 'global' undo
> yes. That's not easy to bypass, also as result of having no UI
> information in the undo system.
>
> -Ton-

A simple if (curarea->spacetype != SPACE_TEXT) block in BIF_undo/redo
will restore Text undo/redo fully, but the problem is that calling
global undo afterword (e.g. if the mouse cursor isn't inside a text
window) will still act on (as in delete) Text (script)  objects.  The
main problem is that Text objects need to be bypassed in Global Undo,
but I can't find out how to do that.

joeedh