[Bf-committers] Design Issue about 2.35 RC1 Outliner

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Tue Nov 9 18:59:46 CET 2004

Some things that where offten remarked by me and other people about the
outliner:
- doubleclick on a item (like Lamp.001) did not open the tree if it has
	childs (that's a default behavior in other apps)
- on modern OS like WinXP or MacOSX they removed always the connection
	lines because they not really necessary; anyway if they are
	present or not but the never a black solid line. I would suggest
	make the connection lines dotted or dark gray (like window
	background). They are to much present at all.
- the shortcut Ctrl+A for Select all/Deselect all is not listed
- Border select is missing
- renaming things in Blender could normally done with Shift+LMB but at
	the Outliner it is Ctrl+LMB
- The selection behavior is strange:
	- Selecting more then one object with RMB did not select them in
	 	the 3d View
	- selecting some object in the 3d view will not be shown at the
		outline
	- as the 3d view selecting of one entry should work with RMB and
		selecting of some object should be Shift+RMB (or swaped
			with LMB if set in the preferences)
- a selected entry has a strange background color it does not match with
	text and background of a menu highlighting or with the
	text editor

By the way at my job i has a lot to do with interface design and i found
that interesting site (nice overview of different interface designs):

http://www.aci.com.pl/mwichary/guidebook/