[Bf-committers] Knife tool and perspective mode -- incorrect results

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 7 22:10:13 CET 2004

Hi,

> Essentially, I need to transform the screen coordinates of mouse
> clicks to scene coordinates on the image plane in perspective mode.
> For a camera view, this corresponds to coordinates within the
> rectangle on the front of the camera with the arrow pointing up.  Does
> anyone know how to do this?  I spent quite a bit of time perusing code
> and algorithms in books, and did not find anything.

Don't have this lying around... can imagine its nice matrix crunching :)

> I would like this to be in the 2.36 release; it's a little late for
> 2.35.
> Fixing http://www.neeneenee.de/blender/features/#10 will be much more
> involved.
> I would greatly appreciate the help.

The current knife tool (ab)uses the subdivide() function, which allows
arbitrary location of a subdivision on an edge, but not more than 1 new
vertex per edge.
For this proposal to work an entire new intersection routine has to be
made.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org