[Bf-committers] cvs problems

Alfredo de Greef eeshlo at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 19:24:13 CET 2004

For the past week I have been having all sorts of
problems trying to commit my code. Last week I tried a
commit but when updating the code, I got 'move away
-filename-; it is in the way' for every file. This
never happened before except for one directory once,
removing the directory and updating again worked, but
could not do that this time. I asked on irc about
this, and intrr said there had been some problems with
the server at that moment, so I just waited another
day to try again, but then had no net access for the
entire day. So I just continued updating the code
instead. Then I had another two days of no net
acccess, so still could not commit. Thursday the
connection returned and I tried again, getting the
same error when trying to update from cvs. Then tried
to update from within the blender directory. This
worked, but then when finally trying to commit after
typing the log message, I got a 'requires write
access' error or something like that. In the mailing
list I read there was something about server problems
('CVS offline ?' thread) so thinking this had
something to do with it, I waited another day again.
Yesterday tried updating again, but this time nothing
happened at all, I waited an hour for the code
updating to start, but then just gave up. Tried again
just now, another half hour, still nothing...
What is happening? Has anything changed that I'm not
aware of? I have committed code twice before with the
new system and had no problems at all.
Of course, even after having it used a few times now,
I still don't know much about cvs at all, so once
again, it could be me doing something stupid.

Alfredo