[Bf-committers] Bugtracker login does not work and two rendering bugs

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Nov 6 14:56:39 CET 2004

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Bart wrote:

> - When try to save a rendered image (f3) the extension of the file
> 	format will not being appended when entering just a name (final
> 	instead	of final.png). Often in forums i read about newbies they
> 	can't find their rendering because they did not appear in file
> 	open boxes of graphic programms when they have no extension.

Can hardly be considered a bug. I find it totally annoying when
applications think they're smarter than me and deliberately RENAME
the files I create with them to something DIFFERENT than what I
told them.

There may be situation where I *want* the filename to be "foo", and
not "foo.jpg".

Someone who uses an application like Blender should be aware of something
this basic. If not, he should probably not be using it :)

My - harsh and elitistic - opinion.