[Bf-committers] Game engine issues...

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Wed Nov 3 12:17:12 CET 2004

Hi,

I changed the time system to do updates at exactly a fixed time, whatever the
cpu.

The current showstoppers are bug 1694 (IPO actuator, which I should have just
fixed) and 1699 (Action actuator, which will be similar to 1694).  And there
is an issue where the physics eats all the CPU time.

But I will work on it over the weekend.

The cursor is hidden in KX_KetsjiEngine.cpp & KX_PythonInit.cpp.

Kester

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 03:39, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We try to get the release scheduled now, and afaik you weren't working
> on (big) new projects in the engine? So the main issue is trying to at
> least solve the issues in current cvs that worked in the previous one.
> Problems that existed already - however a pity - can just be moved on
> one release. Or just uncommit work for continuing on this later. :)
>
> Can you define what the remaining topics (showstoppers) are to solve?
> Maybe we can even help out on things... but most important is to get
> information that allows scheduling.
>
> On the cursor; I know it's ghost, but the call to disable the cursor is
> somewhere in the engine or player. I tried to disable all of them, with
> no luck. It is somewhere, can you tell where? And, btw, it's not for
> X11 but for OSX :)
>
> -Ton-
>
> On 2 Nov, 2004, at 12:23, Kester Maddock wrote:
> > Sorry Ton,
> >
> > It's nowhere near ready for release. :-)  I know there are a couple of
> > reports, but I won't get a chance to look at them before the weekend.
> >
> > The showstoppers are the action & ipo actuators (I have a fix for the
> > ipo) and
> > the physics has a nasty habit of stalling.
> >
> > The game engine uses ghost cursor functions for setting the
> > visibility.  For
> > X11 it sets the window's cursor to an empty cursor.  You might be able
> > to set
> > the cursor at the window level rather than the system level.
> >
> > Kester
> >
> > On Tuesday 02 November 2004 11:08, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> >> HI Kester,
> >>
> >> We're heading towards cvs freeze, so it's time to know if you think
> >> the
> >> current state of the engine is ready for release?
> >> There are quite some pending reports in the tracker on it, hope you
> >> have time to work on the showstoppers here (if any).
> >>
> >> I tried the player for OSX today, to find where the mouse cursor gets
> >> hidden in the player... this works very annoying on OSX (hides mouse
> >> for all the screen). Any hint where this is set?
> >>
> >> And, the standalone doesn't run anymore (maybe Lukep knows).
> >>
> >> -Ton-

Don't look now, but there is a multi-legged creature on your shoulder.