[Bf-committers] Dithering

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Nov 1 16:28:43 CET 2004

Hi,

It's in CVS now. I have some remarks however;

- You used this formula:
   dither_value = (BLI_frand()*2.0-1.0)*R.r.dither_intensity/255.0;
   BLI_frand() however (is docced in its .h) returns 0.0-1.0, so not
needed. :)

- You applied the dither in the old renderer before color was gamma
corrected. That results in total loss of the dither then. I've added it
after, and nicely with shorts.

- Due to primitive state of old render code, the results for unified
render are much better. It can be fixed for old render too, but would
involve too many changes just before release.

Thanks!

-Ton-