[Bf-committers] SoftBody Ressources...

Daniel Barbeau DanielPGB_Vasquez at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 15:02:33 CET 2004

Hello and Happy November

I don't know if the softbody guys here know about  Maciej Matyka's
site:

http://panoramix.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~maq/eng/index.php

It's got stuff about:
-cloth (particle based)
-fluids (same...)
-realtime softbodies

with GLUT window binaries and an Online Paper (PDF too) about "How to
Implement Pressure SoftBody Model"
though i didn't read it (surely beyond my understanding) including
source code.

This guy seems generous enough (euphemism)...
However, for some advanced (ugh... everything is advanced) software,
he asks some money to acces the code (from what I've read : from 6
dollars to 10dollars, but you should read what he says... prices vary
from one piece of code to the other). Anyway, he has many papers that
can be inspirationnal for math'n physics dudes ;)

He also sells a CD with all his source codes (C and C++) from all the
softs seen on the site for 35$. To see the content of the CD:
http://panoramix.ift.uni.wroc.pl/~maq/simulationscd/index.php

And I tried the softs: they work! They even work very well! The only
instability I found is (in Fuild 1.4b), in my sense, not related to
the simulation calculations but to the UI (or segfaults), but the
simulations are really stable!
here's an avi exported by Fuild 1.4b:
http://dani2.chez.tiscali.fr/anim.avi  (divx 5.01 503 kb)

Well enough said, have a look at that site!

Ciao
Dani