[Bf-committers] small clipping question...

Daniel Fairhead bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 31 May 2004 23:09:46 +0300

Hi,

> Currently that limit is defined by something like "100xBlender_unit".
> But in the course of time this isn't done consistantly anymore.
>
> Problem to solve: have an 'infinite' (with useful values) range for
> such buttons, and still allow to slide values interactively. Maybe we
> can do by having a separate method (or value passed on to button) for
> how 'sliding' is calculated.

Yes, that would be interesting. But I was actually asking, because I am
doing an archetectural work for our local theatre company, we are looking
at buying an old warehouse and converting it, and I have blender-modeled
the place, and several ideas for the inside. The clipping question is about
having a camera above the model, facing down, and then clipping half-way
through the model, so to get a rendered birds-eye view of the place. As
I did the model at a 1meter=10blender-units, and it's quite a big place,
100 clip-start is too small, and I needed to check that removing that limit
on my local version wouldn't do nasty things to opengl.

Dan