[Bf-committers] About bug 675 - Analyse and possible solution

Stephane SOPPERA bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 30 May 2004 23:58:27 +0000

Martin Poirier wrote:

>The problem does not appear on any platform other than
>linux (AFAIK), and only with certain distro. I'm not
>enough of a linux wiz to make a good guess as to what
>the problem is though.

I just took a few hours to build blender on Win32 with MS VC6
I also got the assertion on Windows.

I think the reason why you don't get the assertion could be because the
assertions are not activated in your build  configuration.

On Win32 I used the MSVC6 project file and the debug configuration.

On Linux I used scons with "debug" mode.

That may explain why you don't get the assertion.

To be sure, you can check by putting a breakpoint in the code of
operator/= to check if size < epsilon. If it is the case and you have no
assertion, it means that assertion are off with your build configuration.

Actually it sounds normal not to get an assertion on "official" blender
builds, since these builds should never raised assertions. Assertions
are for developpers only, so they should only be activated for developpers.

--
Stephane SOPPERA
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.soppera