[Bf-committers] User preference for new zoom

Matthew H. Plough bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 23:16:06 -0400

trip wrote:

> Can you tell me what file you edited to create this scale method?

view.c for 3D and drawipo.c for 2D.  The specific functions are
viewmove() and view2dzoom().

> And what you edited ? I would like to put fly method on the scale and
> grab movements. I like how you can leave the screen and it still
> moves. It might become my first project in blender.

This sounds like a very bad idea to me.  When you stop moving the mouse,
the object would keep getting bigger, or keep moving across the screen.
It would be very difficult to get the desired size or location right;
there are better ways to compensate for reaching the edge of the
screen.  Dealing with that would be very useful, though, especially
while using the Shift key for precision.  Since Blender is able to
center the cursor while starting up, it should be able to move the
cursor to a corresponding location on the opposite edge of the screen,
and add or subtract some value to the mouse location to compensate.

Modifying the current system to handle screen crosses sounds like a much
better project to me.

Matt