[Bf-committers] Mac OS X debug symbols with scons

Jean-Luc Peurière bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 25 May 2004 19:48:40 +0200

Le 25 mai 04, à 19:31, Richard Berry a écrit :

> In the end, I wasn't able to get a version with symbols in it,
> although the application was larger (8 MB compared to 5.5 MB). It
> looks as though debug symbols are turned on for most of the calls to =

> gcc (using -g) but the final invocation of gcc doesn't have -g turned =

> on. Does this matter?

Oh, I'm in the process of improving some things which were needed and
I've not yet made the final build step in debug mode for Os X scons,
which means your debug build is stripped !

for now remove or comment  the following line in SConstruct
(bundle.command,  line 1071):

  'strip -u -r blender.app/Contents/MacOS/blender && ' + \

the final step being linking of debug libs, it should no matter if '-g'
is not here

> Does gcc require extra flags for debug symbols when using Shark /
> OpenGL Profiler?

Don't know for sure, but dont think so.
--
Jean-luc