[Bf-committers] (Fix) for bug 1212 Changing object's layer doesntwork

Stephen Swaney bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 10:42:46 -0500

Kenneth Styrberg wrote:

> I looked at your fix and I think we should hide the ugly bit masking
> from the python user, both in setting and getting the layer.

It was a bugfix, not a change to the interface.

But that does not mean having some sort of convenience
function is a bad idea.  Since you need to be able
to get/set multiple layers you either need to pass around a
sequence or dictionary type or be willing to endure multiple
calls to set()/isSet() funcs.

This being a discussion of bpy matters, let's continue
the conversation over there.  I have forwarded this msg
to that list.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney@swbell.net