[Bf-committers] Fwd: Submission: Blender 3D Plugin automatic install for Netscape 6+ and Mozilla 1+ WIN

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 12:34:52 +0200

Eckhard wrote:

> we are friends of Mozilla and of course of Blender too. We have
> created an XPI-Install for the Blender 3D Plugin (not heavy but it
> work; tested on Mozilla 1.7RC1).
>
> This enables Mozilla and Netscape 6+ on Windows an automatic
> installation of the Blender plugin (2.22.01).

Nice work, I just happened to look at the FreeBSD plugin status and have
a question there which you might be able to answer easily:

The plugin registration fails, the plugin is listed in mozilla's about
page, but without the mime type, description, suffix, enabled field. The
/tmp/plugin_log however shows that the proper registration functions
were called:

--> Unixshell::(0x809eb00) NPP_GetMIMEDescription
--> Unixshell::(0x809eb00) NPP_GetValue
--> Unixshell::(0x809eb00) NPP_GetValue::NPPVpluginNameString
--> Unixshell::(0x809eb00) NPP_GetValue
--> Unixshell::(0x809eb00) NPP_GetValue::NPPVpluginDescriptionString

This comes from GamePlayer/netscape/src/UnixShell.c

Do you have any idea what might be wrong ?

regards,
   Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/ () ASCII-ribbon campaign against vCards,