[Bf-committers] Release scenario

Tom Musgrove bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 18:23:03 +0000

For the bete testing, I'd be happy to help on the Windows port.

Is there plans for an Scons for Cygwin on Windows going to be maintained as
well or only for MSVC7 ?

On the regression tests - I suggested on BF Funboard that we might use them
as really fast and easy self contained tutorials - I think it would go a
very long way to solving the '30 seconds' problem.

For the screenshots - you might consider having say a web page with
thumbnails of the expected renders included with the download, then have
links to the higher resolution images.  This would allow you to maintain the
small download bundle, but have the reference photos available if needed.

Regarding releases - for the slashdot attack - it might be best to seed
bittorrents for all platforms prior to announcing the release, and then
mention the BTs in the announcement.

Tom M.
LetterRip