[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, may 16, 2004

Tue, 18 May 2004 16:18:28 +0200

Hi all,

1. Scons

Unfortunately Michel nor Nathan where available during this agenda
point.
There's quite some confusement still (also with me) on what level of
support we are now for it. Like the speed issue, which seems to be
possible to solve with commandline arguments.

Would be nice to get an update here on this, so everyone knows what's
working and what to expect from Scons.

(As reminder; Scons is replacement for autoconf. Next to that we still
support Makefiles and MSVC project files).

2. and 3. Release schudule / testing

See previous mail..

4. 2.34 projects

- Transform() recode: Theeth is quite busy with job & summer course,
but will check what he can whip up soon

- Blendix works with Bjornmoose on new UV unwrapping magic. Might be
fit for 2.34 release

- Leon's work on particle deflectors could be release target too. He
still should get someone assisting on code (review) and integrating it
in blender

- The SubSurf creases patch still needs revision on 'correctness' or
compatibility with standards for creasing. Also issue is finding good
method to expand Blender meshes with edge info.

- Render code is being revised still. Now OSA (anti-aliasing) is being
tackled.

- Nathan showed early work on support for Blender to connect to SQL
(server) to exchange and store 3d data. This based on binary (+DNA)
blender data & structure.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org