[Bf-committers] small filesel.c (cleanup) patch

John K. Walton bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 11:59:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Daniel Fairhead wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just a small patch to replace something which annoyed me in filesel.c:
> on windows a directory break is "\\" and on everything else it is
> "/", and so there were two chunks of code which were duplicated with
> #ifdef WIN32s. not good. Now it uses the same code, by defining at
> the top of the file DIRBR which is correct for each one.
>
> I know filesel.c is "horrible old code, that needs completely re-writing",
> and I should work on more useful things, but this has been itching me
> for ages. :-)
>
> Comments?

sure, it's always good to clean things up to make them more understandable
and reliable. but, did this change speed it up, or slow it down? lots of
stuff is slow as a pig on blender since a while. just curios, and
fileselecting is one such thing.

thanks!
john