[Bf-committers] VC.Net and the Game Engine

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 15:52:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Matthew H. Plough wrote:

> Manju suggests changing the declaration types on all of these lines to
> const static; he states that doing so removes the problem, in spite of
> Microsoft's statements to the contrary.  I am not sure what effect this
> will have on Visual C++ 5.0 and 6.0.

Well, it's a bit like the "Web page works for any browser EXCEPT
Internet Explorer"-problem. I must admit that I do sometimes test
my pages in IE and try to make them compatible with it.

Of course, I could just as well put a "This page only works in
standard-conformant browsers"-banner on the index page, and BF
could just put a "This project requires a standard-compliant
compiler to compile"-statement in INSTALL :)

Sorry, another stupid comment.