[Bf-committers] Sum up the long outside viewers post

Kent Mein bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 11:48:58 -0500

Just because I can't shutup ;)

I don't think anyone here truly wants obtuse code, the fact of the
matter is were moving from a closed source base to an open one.  Things
are and will continue to get better.  It just takes time.  I also think
that the focus has been pretty spot on.  There is only so much time in a
day, there is only so much a developer can do in a day. ;)

The code is a heck of a lot nicer to build, and code than when it was
first released, and I'm sure it will continue to get better.
Not everything will succeed (autoconf/automake ) but hey....

Some of the stuff should just be pushed off until a
rewrite of the code is done however.  (Moving things around in cvs is
a pain in the butt, so I wouldn't recommend too many sweeping changes.)

Again the best way to get things changed is to show some initiative.
Talk is cheap ;)  So stop listening to me....

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein