[Bf-committers] Sum up the long outside viewers post

Douglas Toltzman bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 10:43:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2004 jeremy@marzhillstudios.com wrote:
>
> > 1.Source Documentation does need some serious attention. And before
> > you say "so do something about it". I am. I'm working on mapping out
> > the Blender source code's function call lists. But I'm still new to
> > the codebase so its going to take a while. I have a CMS account now
>
> I can instantly comment on that. "Bad excuse".

Alexander,

I've been sitting her, quietly knodding my head and agreeing with most of
what you and some others have said.  Although I disagree with a few
issues of personal preference, I'm not going to
pick at the finer points.  However, I'd like to object strongly to this
last comment.  When someone isn't being paid and is under no moral or
contractual obligation to help, they don't need an excuse.  Forgive me if
I am wrong, but I presume Jeremy is not on your payroll.

I, for one, would like to encourage anyone who can make a contribution to
do so.  I would like them to feel welcomed, and valued; even if they don't
make a grand contribution to the codebase.

Best regards,
Douglas Toltzman