[Bf-committers] Sum up the long outside viewers post

Tom Musgrove bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 06:27:17 +0000

Just remember one more critique I've seen that was on both Slashdot and
CGTalk

the need for 'script hunting' and the tendency for 'buggy' scripts - there
are a ton of great scripts available for Blender, however, a new user is
highly unlikely to know where to find them or what to search for.  Also,
because of the rapid pace of Blender development there are usually minor
changes needed in each script to work with the latest and greatest blender.

So, running every blender script that is still useful should probably be
both part of our regression test.  Also we should consider providing a
convenient bundle of scripts (either seperately or as part of the default
install).  I realize that some scripts (such as blenderpeople) have
significant outside dependencies that make this impractical, however the
majority of the scripts it appears this would be relatively straight
forward.

Tom M.
LetterRip