[Bf-committers] Ghostlike datablocks

Meino Christian Cramer bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 15:31:13 +0200 (CEST)

From: Ton Roosendaal <ton@blender.org>
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Ghostlike datablocks
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:47:09 +0200

Hi Ton, hi Jeremy,

 I tried the
 kill-the-SCENE-save-delete-all-reload-save-delete-all-quit-ls-l-cycle
 ;) and there are still data in the oops window, which is not
 reachable anymore. I switched on ALL options of the OOPS window to see
 al possible data and found orphaned (is this the right word?) data.
 No link, no background color but still occupying space.

 There were data lost during the mega cycle (see above :)...but not
 all was lost, which isn't used anymore.

 If this behaviour including the mega cycle trick is not s bug I would
 say it is at least a vvery hackish feature of blender not being very
 -hrrrmmm- intuitive in use for the average user... :O)

 Is it possible to remove such kinda "memory leaks" ?

 Keep hacking!
 Meino

 PS: If one wants the file....
 PPS: Now I know I need to kill the script file before mailing, Ton! ;)