[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src seqaudio.c

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 9 May 2004 22:46:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> ton (Ton Roosendaal) 2004/05/09 22:40:23 CEST
>
>   Modified files:
>     blender/source/blender/src seqaudio.c
>
>   Log:
>   As we dutchies say: "Now breaks my clog!"
>
>   Apparently the 'sync' option for alt+a anim playback *can* run without
>   the sound_init_audio() being called, but it cannot play audio... o_O
>   (For who doesnt know, syncing was coded abusing audio timing)

Sorry that I don't/didn't have time to personally revise this problem...

Actually though, I wouldn't call it 'abuse'... it's very common in the
media world to use the sample clock as a sync reference for non-audio
related timing. For example, most MIDI sequencers (which are not related to
audio at all) do. I first noticed that when I accidentally switched the
Finalizer (which is the master clock in my setup) from 44.1 to 48 kHz,
and my song suddenly ran at 139 or so instead of 128 bpm :)