[Bf-committers] Os X bundle app and support files

Jean-Luc Peurière bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 8 May 2004 21:33:41 +0200

I'm currently fixing the main Sconstruct file so that it builds
blender.app bundle correctly,
with all needed files in the Ressources dir (.Blanguages, .bfont.ttf,
locale).

This part is done, but I have two questions :

- in Ton builds, a copy of the  .blender dir is also present in the
MacOs dir of bundle.
     Is this really needed ? and why ?

- should we really put the scripts and plugins folders inside the
package ?
   this is bit unfriendly to access there (no direct access from finder).
  I find it would be better and more the mac way to put them in
'~/library/Application support/blender' . The drawdack is that
you need an installer (which can be a simple applescript in this case).
The advantage is that you can detect this dir exist and not modifiy it
if present.

As the latter is a change in philosophy, I won't do it before having
some feedback on this.
--
Jean-luc