[Bf-committers] Subversion <-> CVS

Alexander Ewering bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 6 May 2004 12:36:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> - is the migration from CVS to Subversion 100% noob resistant? This
> means that doing a checkout, an update, a diff and a commit is just as
> simple as before?
> - does it require additional software to be installed locally?
> - are here *active* members of the current developers team experienced
> with it, and also at admin level for Subversion?
> - can anyone simply tell me what - for our daily coding practice -
> Subversion would offer extra?

- does it really make sense to replace a running system?
- why is the idea of replacing cvs (that's almost as standard as
  christianity and jesus) suddenly brought up? Is CVS not
  suitable for the task? Do other projects not use CVS?

Same thing I think about scons sometimes...

Just a suggestion and my personal opinion... stop "changing a running
system"...