[Bf-committers] Subversion <-> CVS

Thu, 6 May 2004 12:32:41 +0200

Hi,

Stefan Arentz, the person who's upgrading the GForge version for our
projects site, likes to know if we don't want to switch to Subversion
instead.

Now, before all techie wizzkids here start jumping on the topic, I'd
like to see a couple of things sorted out, especially to prevent
adopting a system that's not supported well.

- is the migration from CVS to Subversion 100% noob resistant? This
means that doing a checkout, an update, a diff and a commit is just as
simple as before?
- does it require additional software to be installed locally?
- are here *active* members of the current developers team experienced
with it, and also at admin level for Subversion?
- can anyone simply tell me what - for our daily coding practice -
Subversion would offer extra?

:-)

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org