[Bf-committers] Particle experiments - looking for feedback

Leon Turner bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 08:03:50 +0900

Hi Alex,

I was looking into this a bit yesterday: unfortunately the component
form stuff is not updated where I need it, so I would need to do an
matrix inverse operation.

So the trade off would be 1 one matrix inverse, and 2 point transforms
per object, versus the current system which does 4 matrix transforms
per face.

Any idea where the "break even" point should be: i.e. approximately
how many faces per object I would need before the performance would be
better than the current system?

Cheers

Leon