[Bf-committers] Os X platform managing

Jean-Luc Peurière bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 4 May 2004 21:20:19 +0200

Le 4 mai 04, à 20:41, Hans Lambermont a écrit :

>> - we need to have all precompiled lib in CVS
>
> Just curious: why ?

I speak of the libs which must be separately installed in /sw or
/usr/x11R6.

When building the release, I had the problem of having one (freetype)
correctly named but of the wrong version in X11R6. This resulted in
drawing bug. Having one set of correct libs available as separate
download would insure that even the not too experienced but curious
could build from source.

Then when finally installing the good one (from another location on the
disk), the angry god of paths lib make sure that gcc pick up another
wrong one.
I solved this by putting all external libs (or a link) in the lib tree
and reducing the path lib to only that and system. As the libs go in a
separate tree in CVS, there is no drawback for the experienced coders.

--
Jean-luc