[Bf-committers] FreeBSD compile help

Hans Lambermont bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 4 May 2004 20:15:29 +0200

Daniel Dunbar wrote:

> Yes, VNC's little X-server isn't going to support the OpenGL
> extension (GLX). No good way around this, I'm afraid.

VNC doesn't do GLX, but that doesn't mean that Blender cannot be used
under VNC. I just tested it, and it works fine but slow.

Johnny : does Blender work when you use it at the local display ? And do
you have GLX and DRI in your XF86Config in /etc/X11/ ? I use this :

    Section "Module"
        Load  "GLcore"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "glx"
    EndSection

    Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
    EndSection

and have drm enabled in my kernel config for my video card :
    device          radeondrm       # DRM ATI Radeon up to 9000/9100
As you can see I have a ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 (IBM T30 laptop)

Succes !

-- Hans