[Bf-committers] Particle experiments - looking for feedback

Leon Turner bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 1 May 2004 21:06:44 +0900

Hi,

yup, it's entirely possible that my earlier attempts had problems even
with completely planar quads. There's still *some* leaking: mainly
when the particles have pretty much "settled" on a plane due to
damping, and then hit a seam with another face (one which isn't planar
with the first). I'm not entirely sure how this can be easily fixed
(any thoughts appreciated!), but on the whole it shouldn't be too bad.

Also, there might still be problems in this build (although it seemed
fine when I tried a subdivided plane just now). If you have windows
and could try and reproduce using the build I linked to, that would be
really helpful.

I'll have a think about treating quads as two triangles in all cases:
at the moment, I first calculate whether the particle has crossed the
plane of the face. For this, I just use the first three vertices, and
this is a very quick check. If it has, I then go on to calculate the
intersection with the triangles of the face - for this, I do treat all
quads as two triangles.

Cheers

Leon