[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit:blender/source/blender/blenlib/intern storage.c

Stephen Swaney bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:59:33 -0600

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> I wouldn't exactly call this "irix compiler pickyness", I'd
> rather call it "gcc non-standard-compliance"...

Got to agree with the irix compiler on this one.  Even
though rampaging C++ coders can get away with this, it
is  *not* valid C code.

One thing that surprises me is that irix does not complain
about all the // C++ style comments in the C files.

> What about having other platforms (using gcc) compile with
> -ansi -pedantic?

Probably something to do with the 17442 error messages
that are generated.  ( ok, the number is *slighty* bogus
since a bunch of these are error cascades generated from
a single error.  Still, it is an impressive number, is it
not? )

/me suspects that some of this borderline code is what
keeps us from turning the optimization level up.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney@swbell.net