[Bf-committers] Tool tips translation status

Dave Stone bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:56:36 -0500

I've got all of the tool tips extracted from the source code that were
hard-coded into the various uiDefBut routines. There are a number of calls
that either don't have tool tips, don't have a button/menu label (it's ""),
or aren't hard-coded and I've not gone through actual code to determine
what these might be (yet). However this still gives approximately 1300 tool
tips. I'll be going through the code and identifying which tip goes with
what panel/button and/or menu and organizing the template accordingly. If I
get around to it (and I'm hoping someone beats me to it nudge nudge hint
hint) the makefile for compiling the translations should be re-written to
use Scons instead.

Currently, there are translators for Dutch, Finnish, French, German, and
Czech. I've sent messages out to a number of others who might be able to
help, but I'm still waiting for replies. I've not been able to identify
anyone who speaks Catalan or Japanese, so if you know of anyone (or any
website) I should contact, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dave.