[Bf-committers] Game engine stats

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:10:22 +0200

Hi all,

1. Project lead
I have asked Kester Maddock to coordinate the efforts officially now,
as the game engine "module owner". He has CVS access, and can be
assigned bugs in tracker now. :P
Since he's located in .nz, it's not easy for him to join meetings. But
he's regularly on irc available. We could do another meeting time once
a while again, or maybe the engine project will do this separately.
For everyone who's interested to help on this, just keep in touch with
Kester.

2. Release ahead
We now can slowly move to release mode again; since we've defined for
2.33 as main target to have the 2.25 game engine back in Blender.
Remaining issues are:
- compilation problems on various platforms (osx, irix?)
   for OSX error is that it doesnt support sinf() sqrtf() and other
float math.h versions.
- fix makefiles for engine (Hos volunteered)
- platform managers: put test binaries online
   (I will make the testing files available for public download as well)
- platform managers: put solid/qhull compiled libs in
bf-blender/lib/xxxxx/
   (later on it will be removed from source/extern/ completely)
- fix drawing/updates in logic editor (ton)

3. Further plans.
We also should move to a plan for how to organize the engine &
interaction further. Most important is to establish a team who feels
comfortable managing this. Personally I can't offer much help here, so
will limit to offering the facilities mostly... :)
Sofar, on this list Kester, Nathan and Carsten have expressed interest.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org