[Bf-committers] Tool tips and multiple language support

Dave Stone bf-committers@blender.org
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:37:41 -0500

OK, I've found the various files for adding languages, and I've managed to
get msgfmt (the Linux utility) used for compiling the message files into
binary built on Windows. I even have a volunteer for finishing the
translations in Dutch and Finnish. If anyone else would like to volunteer,
let me know.

In the meantime, I need to extract out all of the tool tips and make sure
that the various language files are at least up to date with the complete
list. To that end, if you are planning on adding any more
buttons/menus/whatever, please send me a note with what you're adding,
where you're adding it (panel, menu etc.) and the *exact* text of the tool
tip if any. Please note that the way internationalization works with
Blender, the string containing the tool tip is used as a key to lookup the
translation. It uses a fuzzy logic algorithm, but if the string you send me
differs from the string stored in the source code, I can't guarantee that
the translation will be found.

Please note that context may be important, so if the tool tip isn't
completely obvious then I may need you to supply the context in which the
button is used.

Thanks.

Dave.