[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender SConstruct blender/extern/qhull SConscript blender/extern/solid SConscript blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern mesh.c blender/source/blender/include BIF_resources.h butspace.h mydevice.h bl

Dave Stone bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:34:54 -0500

At 12:38 PM 3/25/2004, you wrote:
>I'll be updating the VC6 projectfiles later this evening.

I pulled off the CVS sources and tried re-compiling last night using MSVC 6
and SCons. I didn't have any of the problems with the game engine modules
compiling, but there's a link error when creating blender.exe:

link @c:\docume~1\dstone\locals~1\temp\tmpct1gbo.lnk
    Creating library blender.lib and object blender.exp
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: bool __thiscall
FTFont:
:CharMap(enum FT_Encoding_)" (?CharMap@FTFont@@QAE_NW4FT_Encoding_@@@Z)"
importe
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall
FTGLPixmapFo
nt::FTGLPixmapFont(char const *)" (??0FTGLPixmapFont@@QAE@PBD@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: virtual __thiscall
FTGL
PixmapFont::~FTGLPixmapFont(void)" (??1FTGLPixmapFont@@UAE@XZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall
FTFont
::Ascender(void)const " (?Ascender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
::Descender(void)const " (?Descender@FTFont@@QBEMXZ)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: float __thiscall
FTFont
::Advance(unsigned short const *)" (?Advance@FTFont@@QAEMPBG@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: void __thiscall
FTFont:
:BBox(unsigned short const *,float &,float &,float &,float &,float &,float
&)" (
?BBox@FTFont@@QAEXPBGAAM11111@Z)" imported
LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported
blender_FTF.lib(FTF_TTFont.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__d
eclspec(dllimport) public: int __thiscall FTFont::Error(void)const "
(__imp_?Err
or@FTFont@@QBEHXZ)
blender.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
scons: *** [blender.exe] Error 1120

It looks like the FTGL library isn't either being built correctly or linked
correctly. I haven't had a chance to look to see which (I did this a
Midnight last night).

Dave S.