[Bf-committers] UI Translation

Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:22:13 +0100

Hi,

Maybe we don't have to disable the other options, but clearly
communicate the current support level is limited to tooltips. Also
menus can get tooltips BTW.

I still think these conditions should be met:

- create a default template for translators to contribute to, based on
tooltips only.
- organizing all of the translators (communicating with them, maillist?)
- find a means how to handle releases (new or changed tooltips).
- testing and make sure the releases work for it
- public support page on website describing how the system works, and
how to contribute to it.

In contrary to other Blender features, UI translations also puts a high
demand on organizational and support level. Without that we better not
even think of it.

Or simply said: who accepts to be responsible and manage it!

-Ton-