[Bf-committers] Re:noise patch

Alfredo de Greef bf-committers@blender.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:21:00 -0800 (PST)

> Looks great.  My only suggestion is a header file
> for noise, the GPL
> licence, and also to capitalize the function calls >
in the methoddef's for
> the module. Creatable py_objects usually have
> lowercase function names while
> module calls have uppercase. example:  ob =
> Blender.Object.New() &
> ob.getData().
> I'll test the python part. :)

I know all that, but I didn't have the time anymore,
after today I won't be around for at least a month or
more. So you can change anything that you think needs
it. However, I did have all the docstrings and stuff
in a header file, but I didn't feel comfortable about
that, Jandro has tought me to NEVER put any data in a
header file, besides that only the Noise.c file uses
it, I don't really see the point. Zr at the meetings
also seemed to say something to this effect. so I
changed it back. In the original code I kept
everything grouped together, C function, python doc
string, and the python wrapper, in that order for
every function.
Anyway, the module is very simple, it is now almost
nothing more than python wrappers for the noise
functions, no new type or objects, so I wasn't sure
about the lowercase/uppercase thing, the original
module functions all started with uppercase letters, I
changed that for this module, but wasn't to sure about
it.
Again, just change anything you want, fine by me. I'll
see the results in a month or so...

Alfredo