[Bf-committers] Scons OSX builds with a patch

Michel Selten bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:01:10 +0100

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 00:11, trip wrote:
> With help from Christian Plessl <plessl@tik.ee.ethz.ch> and his patch,
> OSX 10.32 builds Blender with Scons out of the box! YaY! This includes
> Tuhoppu2 and BF clean CVS distros.

Great work! Thanks for providing the feedback!

> One new thing though. The scons build is a bit slower in all ways of
> use. As in the rotation of the screen, selecting , moveing and so on.
> Is this a known problem ? If so then I will not vege on it further. If
> not then I offer my services for experimentation on getting the slow
> bug out of it.
>
> A simple Draw time test gave me,  672 ms
> and a make file build gave me 538ms

Hrm, this needs some further investigations on the compiler flags.

<snip patch>

With regards to the patch; all the changes you've made to the SConstruct
are no longer necessary. The flags are now all available in the
config.opts file which is generated by SCons on the first run.
Of course, it would be great if the build would run out of the box on
every platform, but this will be a great (if not impossible) challenge
due to the huge arsenal on different platforms, settings, compilers,
libraries, library locations, ...
I don't own a MacOS, so I'm not going to commit any changes to that
section since I'm not able to test the result. I'll talk to a MacOS
owner to test your proposed updates and let him commit the changes to
cvs.

Again, thanks for the much appreciated feedback!

With regards,
	Michel