[Bf-committers] SCons on OS X

Michael Velikanje bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 20:25:24 -0900

I posted some time ago that I had success compiling using scons on OS X
10.3.2. The only changes that I had to make were:
change in the top level SConstruct file in the elif sys.platform ==
'darwin': section.

# TODO: replace darwin-6.8-powerpc with the actual directiory on the
     #       build machine
     darwin_precomp = '#../lib/darwin-6.8-powerpc'

# TODO: replace darwin-6.8-powerpc with the actual directiory on the
     #       build machine
     darwin_precomp = '#../lib/darwin-7.2.0-powerpc'

and to add:

     env['CC']='gcc-3.3'
     env['CXX']='g++-3.3'

to the

elif sys.platform == 'darwin':

section of the top level SConstruct file so it wouldn't use gcc3.3.2,
that I compiled and installed to try and compile yafray, since it's now
the default compiler. I'm to lazy to reinstall the XTools package to
make gcc-3.3 the default again. So that shouldn't be an issue unless
you have 3.3.2 installed and set as default.
It works for me without the patch.

Michael Velikanje