Patch: Re: [Bf-committers] SCons on OS X

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:27:46 -0500

On Mar 10, 2004, at 16:59, Christian Plessl wrote:

> Seems pretty similar to what you have, besides the double quotes
> around the -framework calls. I have no idea, what the cause for this
> different behavior could be.

Still not sure WHY, but the cause seems to be with the link_env.Append
commands that are darwin specific. It appears that the Append command
doesn't like spaces in quoted arguments: it surrounds them with
double-quotes. The solution is to either declare an interim variable,
or to use several append statements, such as:
link_env.Append(LINKSTUFF= '-framework')
link_env.Append(LINKSTUFF='Carbon')

This automatically appends the trailing space, too, so they aren't
needed inside the quotes.

> What shell are you using, maybe this could make a difference? I'm
> using bash, but I also tried building with tcsh, which also worked
> fine.

bash.

> What scons version do use use? scons.py --help brings reports on my
> machine:

Scons version 0.95 from the source.

Got a successful build!

-Bischofftep