[Bf-committers] Transform Whitepaper

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:54:19 -0500

On Mar 11, 2004, at 12:36, Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> To look at is:
> - where does 'transformer' data reside, in a Blender SpaceWindow, in a
> scene?
> - what if 2 transformers operate simulteneously (could work!)

Are you suggesting that one might be able to have a "stack" of
transformers each doing their thing to the underlying object? Something
that would leave the original object unaltered but process the object
through the stack prior to display and/or rendering?

That'd give you the ability to turn some transformers on or off
temporarily to see the effects (playing around with different options,
for example, or disabling processor-intensive ones for quick editing),
or re-order items on the stack to change when they take place relative
to each other...

....or am I taking this waaaay farther than you were originally
suggesting? :-)

-Bish