[Bf-committers] Blenders i18n

Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:22:06 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

We definitely need help for the translation code we have in Blender. =20
There's also - related to this - need for creating a good general =20
template, and think over how to upgrade translation files when we do =20
new releases (new UI text too).

Thanks to how Blenders UI code works (not coded with translation in =20
mind) we have to live with a non-ideal situation... it works a bit now, =20=

but not really good in general.
Main thing would be, to find someone who *really* understands how =20
Blender utilizes text, how to improve this (in a compatible way), and =20=

how to maintain it for all languages (incl. Japanese).

My idea was to stick to translations for tooltips for now. Mainly =20
because these strings are very easy to extract from the C sources. =20
Whilst other strings are dynamically constructed a lot.

-Ton-