Patch: Re: [Bf-committers] SCons on OS X

Douglas Bischoff bf-committers@blender.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:33:29 -0500

On Mar 9, 2004, at 4:27 PM, Christian Plessl wrote:

>> The patch submitted doesn't seem to get around the issue of missing
>> files. One oddity that I noticed is that the system library root was
>> specified to be INSIDE the OpenGL library... this seemed odd.
>
> What files are missing? I don't have missing files.

Here is the exact error. Note the quotes around the "framework" calls
at the beginning.

----
gcc " -framework Carbon" " -framework AGL" " -framework Python" "
-framework QuickTime" -o blender
/Volumes/DBG4Data/Users/developer/Projects/build/darwin/source/creator/
d_buildinfo.o
-L/Volumes/DBG4Data/Users/developer/Projects/build/darwin/lib -Llib
-L/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/config
-L/Volumes/DBG4Data/Users/developer/Projects/blenderlib/darwin-7.2.0-
powerpc/sdl/lib -L/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Libraries
-L/sw/lib -lblender_creator -lblender_render -lblender_yafray
-lblender_blendersrc -lblender_renderconverter -lblender_blenloader
-lblender_writestreamglue -lblender_deflate -lblender_writeblenfile
-lblender_readblenfile -lblender_readstreamglue -lblender_inflate
-lblender_img -lblender_radiosity -lblender_blenkernel
-lblender_blenpluginapi -lblender_imbuf -lblender_avi -lblender_blenlib
-lblender_python -lblender_makesdna -lblender_kernel -lblender_BSP
-lblender_LOD -lblender_GHOST -lblender_STR -lblender_guardedalloc
-lblender_BMF -lblender_CTR -lblender_MEM -lblender_IK -lblender_MT
-lsoundsystem -lblender_quicktime -lSDL -lpng -ljpeg -lz -lstdc++
-lobjc -lGL -lGLU
gcc:  -framework Carbon: No such file or directory
gcc:  -framework AGL: No such file or directory
gcc:  -framework Python: No such file or directory
gcc:  -framework QuickTime: No such file or directory
scons: *** [blender] Error 1
----

>> Unfortunately, without getting past THIS issue, the issues of the
>> objc library (which shouldn't be required as far as I know) and
>> linking Python via -framework Python vs. linking via -lpython didn't
>> come up yet.
>
> Something I forgot to mention, scons tries to link python with
> -lpython2.3. This fails and is not needed if Python is linked as a
> Framework. My ugly workaround to solve this problem is to set:

The new SConstruct has a place to set PYTHON_LIBRARY so you don't ahve
to do it in config.opts.

>> Anyone have ideas? Was there a successful MacOS X compile on this yet?
>
> Yes, with the patch provided blender compiles successfully with SCons
> on OS X 10.3.2.

Still no luck with the patch. I have added -lobjc to SConstruct, but at
the moment it seems moot because of the problems with -frameworks in
quotes. Also, I notice it is attempting to link to -Llib.... this
doesn't seem like a real link to me, and when I try to hand-type the
command above without the quotes it complains that there is no library
called "lib".

Any help appreciated! Who's the platform manager for MacOS X these days?

-Bischofftep