[Bf-committers] a little improve 7 (fix bug 988)

Robert Wenzlaff bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:20:20 -0500

On Monday 08 March 2004 07:50, Joilnen Batista Leite wrote:
> Mr. Alien-xmp tested it and report that works fine,
> but he must patch it manually, so i resent a new copy
> of attash

The patch came through fine.  It's just the wrong solution.
Mr. Alien-xmp must not have tested with anything other
than a cube primitive, which is the only case it works correctly for.

The EditMesh->h flag isn't used for much, therefore it's almost always 0.
Anding with it keeps you from hiding edges that shouldn't be hidden, but also
keeps you from hiding edges that should be hidden.

Without the patch, subdivide a cube once and leave editmode.  Each side of the
cube is drawn as 1 square even though it's 4 faces.  This is the way it's
supposed to be.

Apply the patch, do the same.  Each side of the cube is drawn as 4 squares.

We can't be throwing away features to solve (rare) degenerate cases.  The real
solution is to find why the degenerate case triggers the edge hide flag and
make an exception for the degenerate case.

--
Robert Wenzlaff   rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com