[Bf-committers] Re: Scons linking errors & C++?

bf-committers@blender.org bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:18:49 -0600

Alfredo de Greef wrote:
> Thanks, that worked, it compiled this time. I read
> about removing config.opts, but I thought that was
> only needed when updating from cvs.

I have no idea, scons just blew up on me after a
CVS update and it looked like the right thing to do.
After I deleted config.opts and re-ran scons, it went
from a few entries to a page worth of entries.  Not
having worked with scons before, I'm not sure what
to expect.

As far as CVS, I'll assume that's not directed at
me, but you're correct in that since SConstruct is in
CVS, a top level commit will also commit SConstruct.
You could commit from a lower level though to avoid
this.  I have no opinion on this though as I have no
CVS write access and therefore that issue is null and
void on my boxes, I just hack it until it works, :-).

I suspect the way scons is supposed to work is that
you only modify config.opts and leave SConstruct and
the SConscripts alone unless you're maintaining the
build system.  I've tried to keep my changes to
config.opts, but haven't been able in the past to
build at all, let alone fully configure my build,
if I don't touch SConstruct as well as config.opts.

--
Todd Koeckeritz, zaz@visi.com

Surfin' the Web with an ActiveX enabled browser is kindof like having
to worry about getting shot everytime you knock on a door.