[Bf-committers] Re: Scons linking errors & C++?

Alfredo de Greef bf-committers@blender.org
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:01:03 -0800 (PST)

> The current SConstruct doesn't add the stdc++
> library
> and on my system I got silimar errors you did. I
> resolved
> this by adding 'stdc++' to
>     platform_libs = ['m', 'util', 'stdc++',
> 'freetype']
> in the top level SConstruct.  I added freetype as
> well,
> although you need to hack further to actually get
> freetype working if you aren't building an intl
> version.
> Also, it helps to remove your config.opts file in
> your
> top level blender directory.  The variables in this
> only
> get added when it doesn't exist, so if you don't
> remove
> it once in awhile, you'll never know about new
> configuration
> options.  So, rm it, then run scons and terminate
> it when
> it starts building then edit config.opts to
> configure your
> build.

Thanks, that worked, it compiled this time. I read
about removing config.opts, but I thought that was
only needed when updating from cvs.

What does this mean for commiting code, will the
modified SConstruct also be written to cvs in that
case, should I remove it before comitting?
Might be stupid question again... apologies in
advance...

Alfredo