[Bf-committers] A contribution

Dan Brown bf-committers@blender.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:49:08 +0100

Ok, I've made a simple one for just the metadata. It is at
http://www.harthinian.com/emptymeta1.jpg

The edit panel at the bottom has the new metadata fields. This is to show that
exporting this file to my engine, it knows that this point is the corner of a
door, which mesh/material to use, which way it is open and closed, where it
leads and if it is locked/which key to use. It would be done with normal Blender
editable string control. I have made 8 slots, but the actual number could be a
parameter in the config panel. There are a few other Empties in that room, One
on a lamp, on for a player start position, and one I attach to the camera for a
look-at point. The startpos and lamp ones would also benefit from having extra
data attached to them.

I am currently doing a similar thing by having a text file attached with all
these properies in, but it isn't as easy to use and can't handle things like
object name changes and means switching away froma 3d view to view/change it.

Dan