[Bf-committers] Makefile diff: Message - Cygwin

Chris Burt bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:21:29 -0400

I believe this is best directed at Chris Want...

I was getting sick of this diff message:
diff: gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python.h: No such file or directory
diff: gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python_dynamic.h: No such file or directory

It appeared on make and make clean so I did some poking and found this
bunch of stuff:

  ifdef NAN_PLAYERSTATIC
    PYPLAYERLIB = $(NAN_PYTHON)/static/python20.lib
    BINTARGETS = blenderplayer

    NAN_SND_LIBS = $(OCGDIR)/intern/SoundSystem/$(DEBUG_DIR)libSoundSystem.a
    NAN_SND_LIBS +=
$(OCGDIR)/intern/DummySoundSystem/$(DEBUG_DIR)libDummySoundSystem.a
    NAN_SND_LIBS +=
$(OCGDIR)/intern/OpenALSoundSystem/$(DEBUG_DIR)libOpenALSoundSystem.a
    NAN_SND_LIBS += $(NAN_OPENAL)/lib/openal_static.lib
    NAN_SND_LIBS +=
$(OCGDIR)/intern/SoundSystem/$(DEBUG_DIR)libSoundSystem.a

    PYINCLUDEOK := $(shell diff -qbB gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python.h
gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python_static.h)
    ifneq (x$(PYINCLUDEOK),x)
      DUMMY := $(shell cat gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python_static.h >
gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python.h)
    endif
  else
    PYINCLUDEOK := $(shell diff -qbB gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python.h
gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python_dynamic.h)
    ifneq (x$(PYINCLUDEOK),x)
      DUMMY := $(shell cat gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python_dynamic.h >
gameengine/Ketsji/KX_Python.h)
    endif
  endif

This represents the contents of lines 435 through 454. After commenting
out lines 445 through 448 and lines 450 through 453, the diff message is
gone. Something else that caught my eye was line 436 which mentions
python20.lib, a file that doesn't exist anywhere in my source tree.  So
my conclusion is, that the NAN_PLAYERSTATIC portion of the Makefile
needs to be either removed or updated.  I'm sure you're aware of this
already but I thought I would make it clear in the mailing list so if
other people were curious they could take a peak.  More information
about this from you would be really cool if you get the chance.  Thanks!