[Bf-committers] Feature Request: Folders as Script menus roups

Willian Padovani Germano bf-committers@blender.org
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:27:16 -0300

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan J. Pena Mena" <jjulio.pena@verizon.net.do>
To: "BF Developers Mail List" <bf-committers@blender.org>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 12:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Bf-committers] Feature Request: Folders as Script menus roups

> My 2 cents:
> Would it be too hard to code it so that Blender scans the scripts folder
> and all its sub-directories (or until a fixed sub-directory deepness is
> reached)?

Yes, that's the best way, not hard to do at all.  Since we still don't have
problems with excess of scripts in the dir, let's wait for after 2.34, though.
I expect a group with Blender and script coders will be formed to take care of
management and decisions related to bundled scripts in Blender, then.

And what you said about installing scripts, we can find a good way to help,
possibly inside Blender itself.  An installer script in the Help menu, maybe.

----

About letting each user go for one dir or many subdirs, it's not very practical,
since then they'd have to redo this for every new release, if their setup was
different from the one installed with Blender.

Note: remember that there's still the old user pref scripts dir that is also
scanned (and has priority when a script is found in both dirs) for scripts if
set.  This is the way for users to preserve their own written / tweaked /
downloaded scripts in spite of the ones bundled with Blender.

--
Willian, wgermano@ig.com.br